Pan fried bread
Makes 1 bread
- 310ml Super Maize Meal Magnifisan
- 190ml Super-Sure Cake Flour
- 10g instant yeast
- 60ml (¼ cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 250ml (1 cup) Amasi
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml (½ cup) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200g and place a cast iron frying pan inside to heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the maize meal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add the milk, amasi and eggs and whisk to combine. Continue whisking whilst adding almost all the melted butter.
- Reduce the oven to 180°C. Carefully remove the frying pan from the oven and brush the bottom with the remaining butter. Pour the batter into the frying pan and bake until it is almost cooked.
- Carefully remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cheese or whatever else you would like to add, such as cubed bacon, ham, chicken pieces and vegetables and continue to bake until the cheese has melted. Serve.