Magnifisan Mince Fritters
Prepping Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 200g mince
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 125ml (½ cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 125ml (½ cup) full cream milk
- 60ml (¼ cup) oil
- 3 large eggs
- 90g Magnifisan Super Maize Meal
- 50g Super-Sure Cake Flour
- 5ml (1tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) Aromat
- Salt, to taste
- Ground paprika, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray and set aside.
2. To make the mince, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic for a few seconds, then add the mince and stir until cooked. Add the herbs and season, stir through.
3. Remove the mince from the heat and stir in the cheese and set aside.
4. For the fritters, beat together the milk, oil and eggs.
5. Sift the maize, flour, baking powder, Aromat and salt together. Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture.
6. Spoon 5ml of the batter into each muffin pan and top with 5ml of the mince. Continue layering until the top. Dust with paprika and bake until golden on top for about 15 minutes. 7. Serve with butter while still warm.