Mealie meal pap, mince and cheese layers
Serves 4 – 6
- 20ml sunflower oil
- 2 x 410g seshebo tomato, onion mix with chillie
- 800g beef mince
- 20ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 litres of water
- Pinch of salt
- 500ml (2 cups) Super Maize Meal Magnifisan
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add mince. Cook stirring until slightly cooked. Add the tomato and onion mixture, parsley and season well. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Make the pap by boiling the water with the salt in a medium pot. and Slowly add the maize meal in a slow stream. Stir with a fork to prevent any lumps from forming. Cover and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir once again with a wooden spoon and continue to simmer for a further 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a 20cm baking tray spoon a little of the pap to form a base next spoon the mince mixture and top with another layer of pap and mince sprinkle with the cheese and bake until the cheese has melted, for about 10 minutes. Remove from the tray and serve while still hot.