Scones with jam and cream
- 350g Super Maize Meal Magnifisan
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 60g butter chilled and cubed
- 45ml (3 tbsp) castor sugar
- 150ml amasi
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- In a large bowl, sift the maize, baking powder and salt. Rub the butter into the maize until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre of the maize ingredients and add the amasi. With the back of a knife mix until the mixture just comes together to form a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly maized work surface and pat the dough out to about 2cm in thickness. Using a cookie cutter, dip into a little maize meal and cut out rounds.
- Gently lift onto a prepared baking tray and bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Serve with jam and cream while still hot.