Makes about 24
- 2 litres of water
- Pinch of salt
- 500ml (2 cups) Super Maize Meal Magnifisan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 x 410 whole corn kernels, drained
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- Cinnamon and honey, for serving
- Make the pap by boiling the water with the salt in a medium pot. and Slowly add the maize meal in a slow stream. Stir with a fork to prevent any lumps from forming. Cover and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir once again with a wooden spoon and continue to simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Mix the cooked pap with the rest of the ingredients except for the cinnamon and honey.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and spoon, spoonsful of the pap mixture and fry until golden brown on both sides, for about 5 minutes and drain. Continue until all of the mixture is used.
- Serve sprinkled with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.