Mushroom and Ham Maize meal pizza
Makes 1 pizza
- 1 litre water
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml (2 cup) Super Maize Meal Magnifisan
- 1 x 410g tomato and onion mixture
- 150g mozzarella, grated
- 250g (1 punnet) button mushrooms
- 50g sandwich ham, cubed
- 10ml (2 tsp) dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Lightly grease an oven tray.
- For the pizza base, bring the water and salt to a boil and slowly add the maize in a slow stream stirring with a fork to prevent any lumps from forming. Cover and leave to cook for 10 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Flatten the pap evenly down on the oven tray and top with the tomato and onion mixture, then the mozzarella, mushrooms, ham and sprinkle with the oregano. Bake until the base is cooked and crispy, about 10 – 20 minutes.