Magnifisan Creamy Chicken and Cheese Pancakes
Prepping Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes, plus resting time
- 150g Magnifisan Super Maize Meal
- 50g Super-Sure Cake Flour
- 3 large eggs
- 125ml (½ cup) milk
- 125ml (½ cup) soda water
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- Salt, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g spinach
- 200g Grain Field Chickens Chicken Breast Fillets, minced
- 50g Magnifisan Super Maize Meal
- 200ml milk
- 250g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°. Lightly grease an oven tray.
2. For the pancakes, beat together all the ingredients and leave to rest for 20 minutes. Add more water if the batter is too thick.
3. To make the filling, heat the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the garlic for a few seconds, add the spinach and cook until wilted, add the chicken and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through. Add the maize and milk and continue stirring until it is cooked and creamy.
4. Heat a little butter in a frying pan and spoon in batter swirl around to fill the pan, cook until bubbles come to the surface, then turn and cook the other side. Continue until all the batter is used.
5. Divide the filling between the pancakes, top with the cheese and fold the pancakes into quarters. Place the filled pancakes on the prepared oven tray and cover with foil. Bake until the cheese has melted, about 5 – 10 minutes. Serve with tomatoes and herbs.