Magnifisan Hashbrowns served with Morogo sauce
Prepping Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 400g Magnifisan Super Maize Meal
- 120g butter
- 5m (1 tsp) ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 120g hard cheese, grated
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 x 410g tin morogo
1. Preheat the oven top 180°C and lightly grease an oven tray and set aside.
2. Bring the milk to the boil and steadily add the maize, the butter nutmeg and season well. Keep stirring until you have a thick mixture resembling porridge, cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add the cheese and egg yolks and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Spread the maize mixture onto the prepared tray and allow to cool. Cut the mixture into 4cm diameter circles and arrange slightly overlapping in a well buttered ovenproof dish. Sprinkle generously with cheese and some melted butter, morogo, continue to layer until all the ingredients are used. Bake until golden and crust is formed. Serve hot.