Magnifisan Maize, Coconut & Oat Bars
Prepping Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 270g oats
- 145g Magnifisan Super Maize Meal
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 90g oat bran
- Pinch of salt
- 100g butter
- 45ml (3 tbsp) honey
- 120g brown sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 30ml (2 tbsp) boiling water
- 2 large eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
2. Combine the oats, maize, coconut, bran and salt.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan together with the honey and sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
4. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the boiling water and stir into the sugar mixture. Leave to cool slightly.
5. Beat the egg and vanilla essence and pour into the sugar mixture and then into the maize ingredients. Spoon into the prepared tray and spread evenly. Press lightly with the back of a spoon and bake for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the tin and immediately cut into bars. Ensure the bars have cooled completely before serving.