Indian vegetable Roti served with curried pilchards
- 1 x 410g Indian style diced tomatoes
- 1 x 155g Pilchards in hot chilli sauce
- 1 leaf of fresh curry leaves
- 5ml (1 tsp) mild curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 litre water
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml (2 cup) Super Maize Meal Magnifisan
- 250ml (1 cup) Super-Sure Cake Flour
- Place all the curried pilchard ingredients into a small pot and cook for about 15 minutes.
- To make the roti, bring the water and salt to a boil and slowly add the maize in a slow stream stirring with a fork to prevent any lumps from forming. Cover and leave to cook for 10 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the flour little at a time kneading into a smooth dough. The dough should not be sticky or hard.
- Break into little pieces and roll into balls. Flatten to your desired size. Heat a flat frying pan and toast the roti until cooked. Top or roll with the curry and serve.