Pap Balls filled with corned chakalaka meat
- Pap Balls
- 1 litre water
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml (2 cup) Super Maize Meal Magnifisan
- 100g corned meat chakalaka flavoured
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- To make the pap balls, bring the water and salt to a boil and slowly add the maize in a slow stream stirring with a fork to prevent any lumps from forming. Cover and leave to cook for 10 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- For the filling, mix the corned meat and cheddar well together. Take a handful of pap and form a ball. With your thumb, push to make a large hole big enough to fill with the corned meat mixture. Roll close and dip into the egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry the pap balls until golden and serve while still hot with sweet chllie sauce.